A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Monday, July 19, 2004

B"H

I saw the cardiologist today and B"H everything is ok, normal. I do have sinus tachycardia but a normal rhythm. He ran some tests...I had a stress test, a 6 second electrocardiogram read out, and an ultrasound of my heart, which showed a fast but normal pulse, B"H. The ultrasound tech was also pregnant and I made a joke to her she could check out the baby if she wants. so she did. She let me see my lil peanut :) He/she did a flip and went to sleep. My little acrobat in training :) :

Anyways, the end result is, the doc said the tachycardia was caused by a combination of being pregnant with 3 little ones at home and me doing the job of 5 people. He said I am probably not getting enough rest as I should. Being I also happen to snore when I am pregnant (sshhh...don't tell anyone I snore please :P) I could have a bit of sleep apnea, which would make my pulse race during the day. I already had my thyroid tested and it was normal. I am seeing my family doc Wednesday as a follow up and to see if he wants me to go to a sleep disorders clinic to see if I do indeed have sleep apnea. I have to go back to the cardiologist at the end of October.

Well, that's about it for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home