A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Ear tubes!!! AAK.

Today, I had my lil 8 month old son in to the doc for his pre-surgery assessment. He is going to have ear tube surgery on August 11 G-d willing as he has had continuous ear infections due to the eustacian tube not draining the fluid. He is on antiobiotics right now for over a week and it's not getting better, so the doc gave me a prescription for him for a liquid version of bactrim to be taken once a day until the day before the surgery. I am a bit worried about that as I had a very bad allergic reaction to sulfa. In fact, I don't know anyone who has not had a reaction to it, except for maybe one person. My pediatrician told me just because I am allergic doesn't necessarily mean my lil one will be. I am definitely going to keep a close eye on him when he is on this medicine. I am also supposed to encourage him to drink a lot of water. That should be interesting :)

On the way back from the pharmacy (I had gotten the prescription filled for my lil one) I bumped into someone I knew who I had not seen in a long time. When I told her how far a long I was (17 1/2 weeks), I got the response of: That's it? you are big already. I bumped into my doula later and she reassured me I am a normal size for my stage of pregnancy :) *whew* Because If I was big now, then what will I look like in 22 1/2 weeks from now LOL :) I guess she has not read my list of the top 5 things not to say to a pregnant person :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home