A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Garbage and hot weather

I am going to throw up, and it's not from morning sickness. Tomorrow is garbage pick up, so tonight we bring the garbage bags that add up from waste during the week from the garage to the curb. So, I go about my normal routine, picking up a bag from the garage and bringing it to the curb. As I set down the bag, I noticed it was slightly ripped and white wiggly things on it. UCH!! It seems they were maggots, attracted by the left over meat we had thrown out and the torn garbage bag must have given them access to it. I yelled for my hubby to come throw out the rest of the garbage, while screaming about bugs. (I wonder what my neighbors are thinking LOL) In case you haven't noticed I am bug-phobic :) He lifted up another bag to throw out, and hundreds of white wiggly things were under there. I ran into the house, phoned my mother in law for help. She suggested using some bleach (which we did not have on hand, so we improvised). first we sprayed them with easy off, then took a bucket of lysol and water and dumped the water all over the floor in the garage and washed these nasty buggers out. I hope the garbage people don't mind touching disgusting buggy bags of garbage. For next week I better invest in some outdoor garbage cans with wheels, or make sure the bags don't get a tear in them. What a disgusting experience. I don't think I can eat white rice for a while :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home