A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Monday, July 12, 2004

Guess the gender

I came aross an interesting site, which I find humorous. http://www.babyman.net Of course there is only 1 real way to find out the exact gender of your unborn baby..that is to give birth. I tend to find I usually get an instinct as to what gender baby I am carrying. I was right 2 out of 3 times. With baby #1, I was so sure it was a girl, until I went overdue and had to get a biophysical ultrasound done, where I discovered my little girl had an appendage LOL.

This time I have a good feeling as to what I am having, but I will keep it a secret. I will just say, that babyman.net guessed the gender, and it is the same one as my instinct. I will probably have a routine level II ultrasound at 18 weeks, which may or may not be able to detect the gender, depending on the babe's position in utero. I will be happy with whatever gender baby G-d blesses me with, but I am impatient and it's hard to wait in suspense for 40 weeks not knowing what you are having :) WIth #3, he was being modest so we couldn't tell. I only found out a few weeks later, when I was in L&D for a placental abruption, and the technician happened to stumble onto the gender while checking to see why the heck I was bleeding and having contractions. (I had a bad fall the day before)

Hopefully, Im Yirtze Hashem, this pregnancy will be uneventful..I do have to see a cardiologist on Monday as I had a few episodes of sinus tachycardia though. My doula (professional labour coach) tells me this is normal for busy moms who are pregnant and it's usually harmless. She gave me this herbal remedy to take called "Bach's Rescue Remedy" which seems to have done the trick in calming it down. Anyways, I am calling it a night now, I am exhausted. Good night!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to see you found a site that can guess the gender of a baby. I just hope your baby is bron healthy and you get through the labor and delivery with no complications.
    MOM~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home