A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Sunday, July 11, 2004

Pedestrians and the sidewalk

Ok, I have a slight vent to make. It's about peole who bike or jog on the sidewalk and for people who drive. Likely, you, the reader, are one of these people. First, here is some advice for those who jog or bike on the sidewalk. When you see a pregnant lady pushing a tandem stroller and has a 3 1/2 year old walking next to the stroller, trying to break away from his mother's grasp at the same time, don't come barrelling down the sidwalk, ringing your bell at me, or almost knock me down. Please be considerate and go around me. I obviously have my hands full at that moment and can not easily push the stroller and my toddler out of your path but you can easily just go around me. Besides, you are supposed to be riding your bike in the street! (although, here in Toronto that is probably risking your life, so it's probably better to stick to the side walk). Have some consideration! Thank you. :)

And for those who drive and must go through the cross walk in order to do so, please pay attention! Twice last month I almost got run over by people speeding while making a left, when I was just simply crossing with the pedestrian sign across the street . Be aware! and again, have some consideration! Pedestrians have the right of way though we are very concious of the cars. And DON'T gab on your cell phone while making a turn. the lady speeding who came within half of an inch from me was so busy gabbing on the phone she didn't realize what almost took place.

there. that is my "Vent of the Day".
Have a good day, and drive safely! :)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ALi-
    I've mostly get an attempted hit by taxi cabs here in NY. You should be glad you weren't here. I'll send you my blog later :)
    -Amy (or Adina)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home