A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Monday, September 06, 2004

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to School We Go....

It's official: Tomorrow is the first day of school! Woo Hoo! (wait, did I say that out loud? :) After two long weeks at home, between the end of camp and the start of school, I think kid #1 is excited about going back to school. I know I am :) Right now, just kid #1 is going, (kid #2 is only 2 and a couple of months so she has to wait till next year). So, we got our Finding Nemo backpack out, and partially packed (being kid #1 is just in kindergarten there is not a whole lot to put in it). I can't believe summer is practically over.

In other news, the holidays are approaching us soon. Rosh Hashana is next week. Kid #1 can sing the dip the apple in the honey song. It is so cute when he sings it :)

And to reflect: I am approaching the final 3 months of my pregnancy soon. (I am 23 weeks along) Wow, time really flies. We now have to buy two new cribs instead of just one, (no, I am not having twins) as the one we are using for kid #3 is broken thanks to two little individuals who decided to jump in and jump up and down when I was changing kid #3's diapers. The crib could not withstand the pressure apparently, as we later found out, when hubby was switching and and rearranging the sleeping arrangements (we are putting kid 3 and soon to be #4 G-d willing into one room and kid 1 and 2 into the other. (before, kid 2 and 3 shared a room). When hubby removed the railing to transfer the crib out of the room, we heard a loud *thump* and part of the support board thing the mattress goes on was partly attached, partly on the floor, cracked in half. The end of the crib. Next week, I will be ordering a new one for babe #3.
That's all the exctement for today..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home