A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Monday, September 20, 2004

Yom Tov Galore

Well, I survived rosh hashanah with the in laws (barely :) Just kidding! :) I had a good time, but the kids were bouncing off the walls. I was not brave enough to take the children to shul but was lucky to have the shofar blown for me on both days, first at my shul, which was supposed to have a late shofar blowing, but the shul was locked, and there just happened to be a man walking by on the way to blow the shofar for his mother who had surgery, and was nice enough to blow for the group assembled outside the locked shul. The second day, there is a Lubavitch rabbi in my neighborhood, who was blowing the shofar door to door as an outreach, but he was nice enough to blow the shofar for me too :) When he saw I was frum he figured I already heard, but I told him I hadn't due to some busy small individuals who probably would get me tossed out of the minyan :)

I feel crummy yesterday and today...very tired, and my stomach hurts, along with some other digestive troubles. I am 25 weeks pregnant, so I am not sure if it is a. I have food poisoning, b. my irritable bowel is flaring up. c. the baby is pressing into my bowels and causing the upsetness in my digestive system. When I was in my early first trimester, I had lots of bad stomach cramps and digestive troubles, which faded 3/4 of the way through my first trimester. I figure it has something to due with the growing uterus. In any case, it is worth the trouble for the wonderful gift I get in the end :)
That's it for now. Now I am gearing up for Yom Kippur. My rav didn't give me a heter this time for Yom Kippur, so I have to fast entirely, no eating a kzayis every nine minutes. With pregnancy #1 I had a heter because I was two days away from giving birth. With #2 and #3 I fasted as I felt up to it. With ths one I don't, but I am sure I will be okay G-d willing. I will just really eat well right before the fast starts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home