A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeep..........

Sleep! I am so tired, that is what I feel like doing all day. I am going to be 30 weeks pregnant on Saturday G-d willing. Lately, I do 2 errands and feel totally exhausted. I am used to having a lot of energy. Guess I will have to start taking it easier now. (hear that hubby? Do the dishes tonight :P)

This morning, my oldest woke up looking for his watch, at 6:45 a.m. I was so tired, I thought it was 3 am and told him go back to sleep, it's still the middle of the night, only to look at the clock and realize it was wake up time indeed. I went to bed at a normal hour the night before and was surprised at how tired I was. I guess also that it was still very dark outside had a lot to do with the confusion of what time it was. Soon we will turn the clocks back and it won't be as dark.

I also noticed more cramping and braxton hicks lately too. Now I am in the home stretch so I should probably expect more of that to come. I made up my birth plan today to give to my doula when we meet in a few weeks to go over the final details. (epidural please!! :P).

As an aside, getting back to my son and the eye glass thing, his eyes are still dilated from the drops yesterday! Apparently it can last 36 hours until it wears off. Poor kid. He was not happy at trying on frames yesterday. In fact he threw a major hissy fit in sears optical and attracted a lot of attention (No, the floor did not listen to me and swallow me up LOL). I was pretty embarrassed but the optician understood, as the glasses were new to him, and she's seen this before lots of times with other kids). Apparently he has an extremely strong prescription. +625 on both sides. (Have no clue what that means but the optician told me she hasn't really seen such thick lenses for a kid before). we settled on gold wired frames, that, if my son decides to twist them, they won't break. The optician demonstrated to me by twisting them. cool. :) they should be ready by next week hopefully. I bought a band that goes around the back of his head and hooks up to the temples of the glasses to help him keep them on his head. We got them scratch guarded too, of course, and a warranty that if they break, all we have to do is pay 10 percent of the cost of a new pair. Good, because his lenses were 100 bucks each!.

I am hoping once my 4 year old realizes how much better he can see with the glasses on that he will want to keep them on.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home