A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Friday, November 05, 2004

The Attack of the Terrible Twos

My daughter is definitely going through her terrible twos this week. She is 2 1/2 years old, a normally sweet and good natured little girl who rarely ever cried or threw a tantrum. I think she is now possessed or something LOL.. She has been very tantrumy (Is that even a real word? :) all week. I think it may be because there is a lot of talk about the baby to be (I am due in 8 weeks G-d willing) and I think she is quite jealous. Also, she is very jealous that her older brother goes to school and she has to stay home. Next year she will be going to nursery school, but thats not helpful now. She grabbed her brother's glasses off his face and tried to twist them; she grabbed his kippah off his head and ran away with it upstairs, she threw a metal red tonka trunk at my leg when I told her no cookie until after lunch, which thankfully missed my leg, or else I would be hobbling around. I find she mostly has tantrums during transitions, like when we are getting into the stroller to go to school, or leaving a store, or upon picking up her brother from school and we leave the school to go home. I keep telling myself, this too shall pass LOL. I know it's just a phase, but I can't wait for my sweet little girl to return to her happy almost all the time self.

In other news, my sinus tachycardia is gone B"H! :) I don't have to return to the cardiologist for another appointment thank G-d. I got the lecture from him though about my borderline blood sugar..blah blah blah. I saw my labour coach/doula afterwards and she gave me an eating guideline to help keep m bloodsugar stable. I am supposed to eat every 2 1/2 hours. She gave me a list of foods to avoid and a list that are fine to have. So far, even though its the first day I think everything seems to be going well. I booked an appointment with her for when I will be nine months, in the beginning of December. At that time we will go over my birth plan and any questions I have, and what to do if I go into labour on Shabbos. (I am due on Shabbos). My next appointment with my OB is on Thursday. I will post more after my appointment unless something interesting happens between now and then.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Writer Waiting said…

    Your daughter sounds incredibly feisty! How is she adjusting to another baby on the way? You must be exhausted with almost-four little ones! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home