A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Circus anyone?

We just came back from the Barnum and Bailey Circus. We had a blast. The kids really enjoyed themselves, even the baby (not the one in utero, the one that is going to be 1 year old next Sunday). The babe clapped his hands and babbled happily during some of the show. He slept through most of it though. The other two had a good time though they did fidget a lot and attempt to kick the seat in front of them...normal kid stuff. I guess it was kind of long for a 2 1/2 year old and a 4 year old to sit through. (It was a 2 hour show). But they were pretty good for the most part. My daughter expecially loved the elephants! :) She was so excited by them. I think it was her favourite part of the show. My oldest son seemed to like the trapeeze artists and the daredevils a lot. My husband liked the daredevils on the motorcycles, and I thought the contortionist is pretty cool. My daughter got a bit overstimulated by all the excitement and lack of a nap, and had a bit of a meltdown as we were exiting the arena when the show ended. I actually don't blame her. I was about to have a melt down myself because of the overwhelming crowd that was forming, and they were pushing to all go out the exit. I wish I could have joined my daugther at that point LOL. All in all, we had a pretty good time at the circus and hope to go back in a few years.

In other news, I had my 32 week prenatal appointment on Thursday. I am now officlally 33 weeks as of this past Saturday. Everything was okay at my check up. No sugar or protein in the urine B"H. Blood pressure good. No weight gain. So all in all I have gained about 25 lbs with this pregnancy. Not bad at all. I just look huge at this stage of the pregnancy, so I am assuming this baby must be big. Every time it moves I see a huge lump going side to side LOL. My first two were pretty big, 8 lb 7 oz, and 8 lb 12 oz. The youngest was 7 lb 6 oz. So, we'll see what happens. I am slightly worried this baby will be oversized because of the borderline gestational diabetes, but that is me just being a worrywart probably. I will ask my ob when i see him next Wednesday.
I am still sick with a cold. (I am blaming the flu shot still for this.) It has developed into laryngitis. I also feel a lot of pain in my bladder, and I am not sure if its pressure from the baby or I have a UTI so I think I may see my family doc this week sometime.

Tomorrow we have an appointment with the developmental pediatrician for our oldest, to follow up with his speech delay. He is doing so much better, so I hope this will be one of the last appointments. We are also visiting the kids' great bubbe, and dropping off the camp registration form for our oldest. You don't want to know what they are charging. I am still in shock from the price, but I know it will be worth it. Our oldest went last year to this camp and his speech really took off and he became much more calmer. He had a blast. So we are G-d willing sending back this summer for another session. Now we just have to work on getting him to use the potty all the time, and hopefully that won't be so hard. We've been working at it for months but my son takes after me with being a bit strong willed. The pediatrician said he has to want to use the potty, so I am trying to find ways to help him want to. I offered to buy him a toy if he makes in the potty. So we'll see what happens.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Writer Waiting said…

    Wow... it sounds like you and the family had a lot of fun! I haven't taken Nicholas to any major event, though he has been to Disney, which he enjoyed a great deal.

    Like your oldest, once Nicholas was in a social environment, his language has taken off. He's still a bit delayed, with language and with using the potty, but the special preschool he attends every morning is really helping a lot. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home