A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Chanukah!

Tonight is the third night of Chanukah. I've been a good girl and have stayed away from the yummy jelly donuts :). Today I went to the mall to get some cards, one for my grandmother's birthday and one for my 5th wedding anniversary which is at the end of the month. I was in the carlton card store with my triple stroller..which placed the cards in arms reach of kid #2 and kid #3 (kid #1 was in school). Let me tell you, it's quite difficult to look for a nice anniversary card when your 2 1/2 year old is trying to stuff those prepackaged cards into her seat. I sternly told her to put them all back, that you can not take things with out buying. I helped her put them back on the shelf and when I checked out to pay, I looked very carefully through the stroller to make sure she did not take anything else. I apologized to the manager for the mess my daughter created in the aisle. Later on, after we were finished shopping, and I started to get their jackets and hats on, I discovered my daughter had tossed some pre packaged cards into kid #3's seat that I missed. (I didn't check there as I did not expect anything to be in his seat and I was busy). I was sooo embarrassed! I took the box of cards back to the store and told the manager I had missed a pack, that my daughter had tossed it into the seat behind her and I did not notice it. I told her I was soooooo embarrassed. She told me not to worry about it and not to be embarrassed. Lesson learned: Next time I need to buy some cards, I am going to wait till hubby is home to watch the kids. I think I will not be bringing my kids into any card store in the near future.

In other news, lots of BH contractions, some I wasn't sure if maybe they were the real thing or not as it kind of hurt. In any case i hope it is at least effacing my cervix or even maybe dilating slighlty. one can only hope :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home