A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Friday, January 14, 2005

The First Pediatrician Appointment

Today was the babe's first appointment with the pediatrician. She is already starting to regain some of her birth weight. (She was born 8 lb 5 oz, discharged at 7 lb 15 oz) She is now back up to 8 lbs. I was concerned because she seemed to be pooping a lot, and had a sore rash despite frequent changings. The doc said it's normal, and the rash is probably from the commercial wipes I am using. He recommended using a wash cloth and some warm water for now until she is a bit older and her skin less sensitive. I was worried about the poop thing because with my other daughter, when she was this age, she pooped a lot, and they thought she had cystic fibrosis as it was very bulky and fatty and she kept losing weight despite eating normally (the doc sent iaway a stool sample to the lab for analysis and it was 35 percent fat) (thank G-d she doesn't have cystic fibrosis) It turned out just to be an intolerance to the enfamil, and she was put on nutramigen. My other two never pooped like that, and so when I saw babe #4 pooping at every feed, I was very worried. Now that the doc has reassured me it's normal and her weight gain is good, I can quit worrying about it.
She has to go back next Friday for her 2 week check up.

In other news, my dad and sister are coming up from New Jersey to see everyone. They are staying for a week to help out also, as hubby has to return to work on Monday.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home