A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I'm stripped! (the membranes that is..) Day 3 of being overdue...

I woke up this morning to yet another bout of tiny spotting. I paged my doula (who was trained as a midwife)who then came over, to listen to the baby's heart beat,which B"H sounds fine. She stripped my membranes for me, which was kind of uncomfortable but to be expected. I was only 1-2 cm dilated, but after she stripped me I was 3 cm. She is also a herbalist, and she gave me 2 different types of herbal remedy to take to kick start labour. The first was..well actually I forgot the name of it but it starts with a P. It is used to start a delayed labour and you only take it one time. The other was Blue cohosh. (I was out of cauliphyllum since last week and she also ran out too.) Blue cohosh is the same thing, but in liquid form. I just take it 2 times a day, 24 drops in a bit of water. So let's see what happens...There is another client due Friday with her first babe, and I hope my labour and hers doesn't coincide for both of our sakes. First babies are usually late but I know my luck, and also that it isn't a hard and fast rule. The back up doula I wanted to use is in Israel...and the one my doula was going to ask to be back up, I met her once at a simcha and we didn't click. So I really hope that my doula will be able to be at my birth. I feel really uncomfortable with a stranger coaching me during labour. I am sure she is really nice and a great doula but I really want my doula there! and I am sure so does the girl who is due on Friday,especially it is her first baby. Anyway I am done rambling now. me and my stubborn baby that is refusing to come out and meet the world will post more later on our progress or lack there of. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Tova said…

    Yikes. I hope the stuff helps! I can't imagine the pins and needles you're on every day. Thankfully, my kids were both born at 38 weeks. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home