A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

No baby yet! Now officially 1 day overdue!

No baby yet. I panicked slightly yesterday when I passed a tiny blood clot. I paged my doula after shabbos to speak to her about it and she said it is a bit of lochia which sometimes comes out when you have labour and after the birth, but I was having no contractions. She had me drink something sugary and test the babe for movements. B"H I felt the babe fine. I haven't had any more since but if I do she told me to call labour and delivery and tell them what happened and go for a non stress test. Hopefully it won't come to that. I really hope this babe decides to come out before next shabbos! I don't mind going a few days overdue I guess. (what choice do I really have anyway? LOL). The babe isn't ready yet to meet the world :) I am kind of glad I am not in labour now as I have some type of flu or something, despite the flu shot. I feel better today but yesterday was quite achy and sick. Today all I have is a sore throat. So hopefully the babe will be born after the sore throat goes away.

I will keep everyone posted on the labour or non labour as it seems.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Tova said…

    B'shaah tova, and good luck! Here's to an easy L&D.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home