A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

now its time to wait....

I have a feeling I do have retained placental fragments. When I went today, the technician took one look at the ultrasound and told me she was rushing it over to my ob with a verbal. So I asked her, do I have a retained placenta or not? and she replied it's not her job to tell me. Sigh. then she had me empty my bladder to do a more detailed ultrasound. So my ob will get the results by 4 pm. I hopefully will find out tomorrow but i think my ob may be on call in hospital tomorrow so I may not find out till thursday. I really hope it's just a general policy to do verbals, and that I am being upset for nothing. my friend who had a retained placenta with her first said they sent out a verbal when she had one, so I have a sinking feeling. I really am upset. I am going to be on pins and needles till tomorrow. It frustrates me that the technician knows whether or not I have it and won't tell me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home