A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Life, the universe, Everything

I got this today in my email, from the Eishes Chayil newsletter, and found it quite moving, and I thought I would share this.
I do not know who wrote it.

Hashem Said No
I asked Hashem to take away my habit.
Hashem said, No.
It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked Hashem to make my handicapped child whole.
Hashem said, No.
His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary

I asked Hashem to grant me patience.
Hashem said, No.
Patience is a by product of tribulations;
It isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked Hashem to give me happiness.
Hashem said, No.
I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.

I asked Hashem to spare me pain.
Hashem said, No.
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares
And brings you closer to me.

I asked Hashem to make my spirit grow.
Hashem said, No.
You must grow on your own! ,
But I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked Hashem for all things that I might enjoy life.
Hashem said, No.
I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

I asked Hashem to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.
Hashem said...Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.
THIS DAY IS YOURS DON'T THROW IT AWAY
"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be
the world"


In other news, the cyst I have in my breast appears to be oozing sporadically, so I am thinking it is probably just a cyst and I guess my doc's medical training paid off :P. but if it is not gone in a week or two I might go back to have him take another look at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home