A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

She gained!!

My baby gained 3 oz since friday and is now back up past her birth weight, B"H! :) She is now 8 lb 6 oz :) My pediatrician said that it is probably she is just a slow gainer. If she hadn't gained, he was worried there might have been a metabolism problem, but now, not to worry, thank G_d. What a big relief.

In other news, my kids still have the stomach virus. No more puking, however now my couch and part of the carpet is decorated with diarrhea that won't come out with stain remover :) My 14 month old was sitting on the couch with a toy, while I was changing the baby. (he is quite adept at climbing up on the couch, to my dismay) When I came downstairs, my daughter told me, mommy (insert my 14 month old's name here) made poo on the couch. I thought she was joking, but when I looked I saw his diaper had exploded with diarrhea, poor kid. My daughter also still has diarrhea too. My 4 year old seems to be better and is back at school. I hope my infant doens't get the virus...that is the last thing I need.

Not much else doing for this week. I am planning on getting the new baby's pic taken at sears on thursday if all goes well :)

1 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Cathy said…

    My baby is a slow gainer too. She was born 7 pounds, 7 ounces, and now, at four months, weighs only 10 pounds, six ounces. She's tiny and sends me into panics at least once a week. However, she is meeting her milestones and very alert. My doctor says that some doctors just put too much emphasis on weight gain. As long as your baby continues to get longer and meet milestones, the baby will be just fine. Hang in there, I feel your pain!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home