A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

A Mother's Instinct...

is always right. I saw how lethargic my daughter was this morning and called a pediatrician I know who makes house calls in the Jewish community. I felt bad calling so early at 7:30 a.m. , but it I was contemplating taking her to the e.r. and before I did something drastic like that I would rather have a pediatrician take a look at her. (again, because I KNEW something was wrong, more than a virus). I am a mit miffed at my pediatrician. Yesterday, he told me I was being a nervous mommy , and that it is ok to have a fever like this for 4 days before I bring her in. (her fever was almost 40 celcius as of yesterday.) If I listened to him, she could have ended up with pneumonia G-d forbid. the outcome is she has bronchitis, and is now on zithromax suspension. My poor lil girl. Her fever would not break this morning, despite tylenol, and my gut was telling me all along that this was more than a virus.

On a brighter note, Chag Sameach! :) Have a happy Purim, and try not to eat too much junk food from the shalach manos LOL :) Hey, I should take my own advice. Tomorrow, in addition to our Purim seudah, we are making sheva brachos too. Should be fun :)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Writer Waiting said…

    Happy Purim to you and your family, too! We picked up some delightfully delicious raspberry filled hamentashen at Whole Foods this morning en route for services at the National Cathedral. I haven't had the treat in a few years, but it was sooo yummy that I was sorry to see them disappear so quickly between me and DH.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home