A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

My Big Boy is Sick :(

Very sick with a virus. It started last Sunday with a fever of 38.3. I took him in to the pediatrician on Monday and it seemed like a virus. But then, all day yesterday and last night he got progressively worse, developed a bad cough. Last night around midnite I didn't like the way he seemed or was breathing so I took him down with my mother in law to Sick Kids Hospital where we proceeded to wait over 3 hours without being seen. What a wondeful health care system canada has, making a sick child wait 3 hours before even getting to a room, without even seeing a doc yet, and probably another 2 hour wait after to see one. by 3:30 am I walked out. sorry if this is a tad incoherent but I have had 2 hours sleep. About 7 am this morning he woke up again, burning up with a fever of 40, and hallucinating and scaring the crap out of me. He was talking about unwrapping a present, going into Zaidie's car, and having to wear white shirt and white pants and getting really upset that I didn't have any. He kept taking off his clothes and trying to find them. Then he developed this weird rash on his tummy. I took him first thing to the pediatrician's office, and it still seems like a virus, chest is clear, ears and throat are ok. But the doc said if he still has this fever by Friday I have to bring him back. I called him out of school for the rest of the week. Hopefully he will be feeling better for Shabbos...poor kid :(.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home