A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Adenomyosis

That is what my OB said I have. I can still have more children G-d willing. He told me adenomyosis causes pelvic pain and heavy periods. Both of which I have. The late period was just from late ovulation this cycle. Basically glands get trapped in my muscles of my uterus. Here is a better description taken from a website: "adenomyosis is defined as the presence of endometrial glands and supporting tissues in the muscle of the uterus where it normally would not occur. When that gland tissue undergoes growth during the menstrual cycle and then subsequent sloughing, the old tissue and blood cannot get out of the muscle and flow out of the cervix as part of normal menses. This trapping of the blood and tissue causes uterine pain in the form of menstrual cramps. It also produces abnormal uterine bleeding as some of the blood finally escapes the muscle and results in prolonged spotting." The only way to cure it my ob told me, is to have a hysterectomy. I am only 27, and I would, ideally, like to have one more baby if I can. Even after I am finished having a family, I am not sure if I would want my uterus removed. I suppose, if i was in total agony, I might reconsider. I am uncomfortable, but not in that much pain that I would chose something like that at this point. We'll see what happens. My ob also told me that I have a small cyst on my left ovary, which we have to watch. So, now I have my answer. My son is now blasting my alarm clock radio, so I am going to post more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home