A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

In the Land of Milk and Honey

Today we went with the bubbe to lunch at Milk and Honey, a local kosher restaurant, and then to visit the great bubbe (my husband's grandmother) at a senior's residence. Well, my 4 1/2 year old insisted that he had to order milk and honey for lunch. We tried to explain to him that it was just the name of the restaurant, and he started getting upset about it. so we ordered french toast and honey (really maple syrup) and he had some milk. (that was his milk and honey :) though what he ended up eating was his coleslaw, his sister's cole slaw, his younger brothers' cole slaw, tried to eat my fries, so we packed up his lunch and he ate it later.

Later, at the senior's residence, my 4 1/2 year old decided it was more fun to run up the steps and down the wheel chair ramp while screaming whee at the top of his lungs. We tried to distract him with other things, but he was more interested in that than visiting his great bubbe. He is so busy, my big guy..The other kids were also getting a bit cranky as it was nap time, so we didn't get to visit for long, probably to the relief of some of the seniors at my 4 1/2 year old's antics LOL. Hopefully this next year of upcoming school will calm him down.

My 18 month old's check up is on Tuesday, and Wedneday is my almost 3 year old's first dental appointment. She is going to be 3 next sunday on the 29th! :) My big girly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home