A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

dating desperation

There is this slightly weird shidduch/reunion site Almostmetjew.com that I find a bit offensive. (My husband told me about it, he saw a link to it on another blog he was reading) At first, it seems innocent enough...people looking for other people who they used to know, and some people who spotted a good looking person on the bus, at dougies, etc, who they would like to see again. But apparently there is a complete lack of respect for people who are on a date with another person. There is this one ad for some obviously stuck up snob who describes herself as "Pamela Anderson but more tnzius", who is looking for a "hottie" that was on a date with "some girl." This makes me mad because the guy is on a shidduch date with someone else. Have some respect! Don't go chasing after some other girl's guy. If you are so good looking like you say, then you won't have a problem finding an unattached guy who is also a "hottie." This is just wrong and it pisses me off. And anyone who describes themselves as looking like pamela anderson is a girl I wouldn't want my son to bring home (not that my son is even anywhere old enough to go out yet :) There are few other ads like that but the "pamela anderson" one made me mad. Some people just are too full of themselves. There is something a bit prust I would like to add regarding looking like Pamela Anderson, but being I am frum now it would be rather in appropriate to add :)

On to more important things: Yesterday was the last day of school until September. I took my kids to the park for a bit today, and also to the mall. I decided to get my 4 1/2 year old's book bag for September. He chose spiderman. An excellent choice. :) I am looking forward to when Spiderman 3 will be out. I still need to see the new Star Wars that came out last month. but I digress...

Speaking of school, my daughter's school called to confirm she is coming in September as there is a waiting list, so they want to make sure people who are already enrolled are still going ahead with it. I said, Yup. :) She really needs school. She is very ready to go. I can't believe my baby girl is starting nursery school in September. the year after, my itty bitty will be starting school...my #3. Waah. :( I want another baby. :) They grow up too fast. Babies are so yummy. My babe #4 is already 5 1/2 months and is starting to crawl sort of. She wiggles around to get to where she wants to go. Very interesting to watch LOL. I am starting to get the baby bug again. I worry about being able to have another baby because of the adenomyosis. but it's in Hashem's hands..so I should stop fretting. I am starting the South Beach diet tomorrow to lose some weight because I would like to actually look good this time around if I am lucky enough to be blessed with a #5.

Not much else doing..we are having another street sale Sunday since the first one bombed. we are only doign it till 10:30 or so as our shul is having a BBQ and games for kids, so we would like to go to that. It better not rain!

Will post more later.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger Chai18 said…

    i think the site is a joke

     
  • At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think it's possible the site started out for real - some of the ads seem legitimate- but then it started becoming a joke. A lot of the later ads definitely seem to be hoaxes. I bet the Pam Anderson one was written by a man.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home