A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Fun in the Sun

First, we had a garage sale, part of the street sale today. I sold some stuff. Yay :) I got rid of my old dorm room coffee maker, some baseball cards we got from some one, some clothes, an old table for kids, some snow suits that we got as a present but was not the right size for them. Then, we packed up, and went to our shul BBQ. It was a lot of fun. There was hot dogs, watermelon, a clown (lacking the face make up, I bet because it was so hot out.), making balloons for the kids, contests for the kids, where everyone got a ribbon so there would be no sore feelings about not winning, unlimited pop and water, and a sprinkler. My 4 1/2 year old loved the sprinkler and after doing one contests, spent the rest of the time there. He got totally drenched. :) To the point where even his pull up was saturated (we are still having some toilet training issues with him..but he is getting there! :). My 3 year old mostly played with the soccer ball, but the heat was getting to her, so she spent some time in the shade having watermelon after a while. Kid #3 loved running in the field and trying to grab people's pop cans LOL, and kid #4 kvetched and then fell asleep in the shade. After about 2 1/2 hours kid #1 got pooped, and tired of being soaking wet, and hopped into the stroller, so we called it a day. Now 3 of them are sleeping, one is watchign tv, and one is getting a hair cut and picking up supper (that would be hubby. :)
It is supposed to be a high of 90 tomorrow, so I am not sure if I want the kids to play in the park where there will be no shade :(. I think I may fill up the little wading pool tomorrow and we can have some fun in the water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home