A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Sleep Issues

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. That would be me sleeping, if my 18 month old would let me, that is. Lately, he gets upset at bedtime. He cries "mama" and jumps up and down in his crib. He wants to be with me all the time, which is cute and sweet that my lil itty bitty loves me so much, but he really needs to go to sleep in his crib. I let him fall asleep a few times on my bed while I read to him or just surfed the net. that was my mistake because now he wants to fall asleep in my room instead of his crib on a regular basis. I think I will need to phone my pediatrician tomorrow to get some advice on how to get him to go to sleep in his crib without screaming his head off. he used to love going to sleep in his crib. I think part of the problem is he hears his older siblings still up and feels left out of the loop.

In other news, I saw my first Torah dedication this past Sunday. I was on my way to the library, and saw this Lubavitch dude on the back of a pick up truck playing a keyboard, with 2 motorcycle cops on either side of the truck. Weird, I thought. then, I saw a chuppah with a bunch of dressed up people. So, at first, I thought someone was getting married outside, but being it was Erev Shavuos, I thought that was a bit strange.Then I spotted the Torah under the chuppah, and realized what was doing. I found it beautiful and touching and it moved me to tears. My very first time of seeing a Torah dedication :)

Not much else doing. Still have not received a tuition bill for my daughter's nursery school or a subsidy meeting for my son's tuition. Why are frum schools so freaking disorganized??? School ends this upcoming wednesday. What are they waiting for??

will post more later, my 18 month old is still refusing to go to sleep, and I am being paged by him. Hmm..maybe if I try a night light in his room that will help..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home