A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Friday, June 17, 2005

The Trying Threes (aka My daughter is driving me insane)

Oh my head. is. Throbbing!. My daughter who I love dearly has decided to give me gray hair by scaring the crap out of me by running in the opposite direction we are walking and trying to cross the street without holding my hand. This is the second time she has done this. I am going to have to buy a child safey harness, even though I am highly against those things. but it is the only way I can keep her safe while we are walking since she is having selective hearing. She refuses to hold my hand or hold on to the stroller when we walk. She usually sits nicely in the rear seat in the stroller but these past few days she has climbed out while we are waiting for kid #1 to be dismissed from school. so he rides and she walks, except she is not like him who walks so nice and holds my hand. She has apparently inherited my stubborn attitude, to my dismay. I had to pick her up and carry her kicking and screaming tucked under one arm while I was pushing the triple stroller with the other when we crossed the major intersection and a side street. I was scared G-d forbid if a car were to suddeny turn (which has been known to happen in this area). definitely no fun. I think my hair is turning gray now under my snood. Sigh. I really hate child harnesses because I feel children are not animals and should not be "harnessed". but I think I may have to go to the kids safety superstore and pick up a loathed harness. Poo. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home