A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

The Land of the Missing Socks

I think there must be another world where the other half of pairs of socks I can not find must migrate to. That and also some various odd tops and bottoms of some of my kids outfits, in addition to quite a few sippy cups and bottles. I am missing the shorts of my 20 month old's outfit I just washed, and the top of my son's spider man outfit. and lots of hubby's socks. Oh well.

Last night, I watched a movie that was exellent but disturbing.. "Mean Creek" with Rory Culkin, Mac's little bro. Excellent acting, but the plot made me cry. I am a glutton for punishment :P If anyone watched this movie then they know what I am talking about.

Today I went to walmart with the bubbe. We bribed my almost 5 year old son with the flashlight he has been wanting to get him to go to the potty. So far it's working. he has gone pee 3 times in the potty. We told him if he keeps it up for a week, then he can have the flashlight. My pediatrician told me because of his speech delay and ADHD it is why he is so late with training, in addition to the school he goes to, which we are pulling him out of next year for a variety of reasons, he is in a class full of children with mental retardation who some of them can't be trained, so the developmental doc said that is a reason why he won't sit on the potty, because none of his peers at school are. G-d willing, my son will be going to another school the following year for kids with ADHD, who are very bright, so he will be learning at the level he is capable of. At the school he learns at now, he has learned pretty much nothing in the three years he has been there, and almost nothing in the way of Yiddishkeit even though its a frum school. Sigh..this is going to the last year there.

In other news, tomorrow is my 6 month old's well check up, Wednesday meeting with the tuition committee, and my dad is G-d willing coming to visit me this weekend. Phone call now. will post more tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home