A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

School stuff

I spoke to the school I want to send my son to, and the principal told me I would need a psychoeducational assessment of my son as a prequisite to apply. (it is a school for kids with ADHD) Being the first doc I wanted to use was charging 2400 dollars, I was worried about affording it, but the principal told me Jewish Vocational Services does it for less. 1200 dollars, but on a sliding scale based on income, so 1200 is maximum, so I am getting it for less. Plus my insurance covers 500 of it, but only if I can get the supervising registered psychologist to sign the receipt. (It is done by residents, including the report, but the registered psychologist supervises them.) I am pretty sure she will, so that is a big relief. They are booked until September, so we have a small wait. I don't have to apply to the school until January anyways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home