A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Friday, August 26, 2005

1 week to school starts!!!

I see it! It's there, the light at the end of the tunnel :P School is starting a week from Tuesday. Next summer I am definitely sending my oldest two to day camp. Camp mommy is going out of business LOL. I can't believe I am actually looking forward to school :) My how times have changed.

In other news, my dad has to go for a stress test, echocardiogram, and nuclear stress test. He is also going to the hemotologist on Tuesday. His cardiologist who is also an internist thinks he may have ITP (ideopathic thrombocytopenia) which is where your bone marrow makes antibodies that attacks the platelets, and you need prednisone to clear it up, and potentially may need blood transfusions too. He will know for sure what is going on after he sees the hemotologist though on Tuesday. If you say tehillim, please keep my father in mind, Lazar Dovid ben Faigel. Thanks.


What else..well my right hand is throbbing. Because I scratched myself on something, not sure what, and it was big scrape. I didn't bother putting antibiotic cream on it and now its a nice red ball of pain and is swollen. Arg. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure (or something like that). So now I am soaking it in hot salt water and putting on polysporin. If it doesnt' clear up by sunday I will have to go to the walk in clinic for some fucidin ointment.

and one more kvetch of the day. I am freaking tired due to a certain 21 month old refusing to sleep in his crib and keeping me up the whole night. I will have to ask my pediatrician about Ferberizing. My friend did the ferber method and got her son back to sleeping through the night.

Must go now, my 21 month old just took his diaper off yet again. A mother's work is never done LOL. have a good shabbos, and I will make sure my next post is less kvetchy, hopefully because I won't be exhausted when I post again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home