A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Friday, August 05, 2005

I am a Canadian!

It's official! I had my citizenship ceremony today. :) and now I have my official citizenship card. Yay. I am now a Canadian, and an American. cool. My husband told me I will have to lose the New Jersey attitude. LOL (I am from NJ for those who didn't already know.) I don't have a New Jersey attitude unless someone tries to cut ahead of me in a line up or try to be pushy with unsolicited advice regarding my kids. (BTW, why do some strangers feel it necessary to tell you what to do with your kids?) Anyways, I have a Canadian flag pin, and a nice certificate, in addition to the citizenship card. My pic on the card is awful because they don't let you smile for it, and my oldest daughter was being difficult while it was being taken, so I was sort of frowning. My mother-in-law told me it sort of looks like the pic of Charlize Theron in Monster. Great. LOL. I wonder why you can't smile for immigration pics? Does that mean I look like Charlize Theron? :)

Not much else doing this week. It has been extremely hot out, and we had a bad storm, during which, there was an unfortunate plane crash when an Air France plane landed during the storm, and luckily no one was killed.

I feel lousy, either from being exhausted or I am getting a cold. So I am calling it a day. Have a good Shabbos. :) Will post more over the weekend.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi!! I literally stumbled onto your blog after doing a google search for "Mean Creek", lol! I am a mother of 2 boys, 4 & 6, living in NJ, where I see you are from - I am from Morris County. Anyway, your blog is fun and interesting - I like the way you write. I think I need to start one of these things too - it must be therapeutic getting it all out. Take care - Eileen

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Alison said…

    I am from middlesex county. :) I am glad you enjoy my blog. Having a blog is great when you need to vent about something LOL :) Great to see a fellow New Jerseyan reading my blog :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home