A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

get your flu shots today!

Well, today I took #1, #2, and #3 for their flu shots at the pediatricians. He had special hours today for the flu shot. It was pretty packed, but we only had to wait 10 minutes so it wasn't bad at all. My daughter went first, and cried a lot after. In fact she is still kvetching about it now, an hour later. We gave her a sticker, so that helped a bit. #1 was terrible. He kept going off of my lap. He moved twice when the nurse tried to give him the shot, and he ended up getting scratched by the needle both times. The third try we managed to get him to hold still long enough for the flu shot to go in his arm. The nurse told me to put polysporin on his arm for the scratches. Funny enough though, he isn't kvetching about his arm at all. #3 was pretty good about getting his flu shot. He only cried for a second and seems fine now B"H. So hopefully, none of us will get sick this season, or at least, not with the flu.

I am leaving in a few minutes to go find out the results of the psychoeducational assessment of my son. I am a bit nervous about it. This report can either make or break it for him getting into the Jewish day school for kids with ADHD. I will post more later after I see the results. Wish us luck!.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home