A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Mystery of the Multiplying Chili

Last night, we had chli for dinner. (I made it myself, I am very proud :P) I left the room for one minute, and when I returned, I saw my almost 2 year old's plate had mysteriously doubled in portion size. Interesting, I thought to myself. then I discovered a certain 3 1/2 year old's plate empty. she dumped the rest of her food onto his plate. and he then proceeded to rub it in his hair and face and fling the rest of it onto the floor. Sigh...

In other news, I have a cough and a bit of a raspy voice off and on. Its very annoying because when I cough too hard I feel like throwing up..hopefully it will go away soon.

Despite taking my materna prenatal vitamins, my iron is still a bit low and I feel somewhat crummy. I was discussing with my doula last week my platelet levels, which are 231,000, which she said is on the low side (I had post partum hemmorage after I gave birth to #4, partially due to a large retained placental fragment). she told me if my platelets are too low, I won't be able to get an epidural. Hopefully my platelet levesl will be acceptable to the labour nurses and I will get my much needed epidural :).
I still have months to worry about that stuff. I am only commenting on it because last night I fell asleep at 8:30 pm and slept till 6 am. I was exhausted.

Anyway, I am signing off for tonight. I want some water, and besides, my favorite show E.R. is coming in in 2 hours. :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home