A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Monday, November 07, 2005

When will morning sickness end?

Ok, I am a little over 12 weeks along now, and I am still having some nausea. I am also having very strong adversions to anything meat, especially chicken, and the meat in the cholent, and though I have not eaten any hot dogs, that is the one thing fleishigs I am kind of craving funny enough.... But I know they are bad for you, so I am ignoring that craving. I am trying to make an effort to eat more healthy, and ignore cravings for those chocolate chip muffins fresh from a bakery in the area. That is one thing I am going to have to work harder at. Some other things I have been craving is falafel. Yum. Don't hold the hot sauce either. :)

And as for tiredness, before, I put my head down for what I thought would be one minute and woke up a half hour later. Whoops. :) Suffice it to say, we had a late supper. I tried to convince hubby to cook it for me, but alas, he was not really keen on that idea. and my dinner was a mess, :( the sole fell apart totally in the frying pan so it was more like mush. but being I cut it up anyway for the kids to eat, they didn't notice it was a disaster :)

Tomorrow I am having my first appointment with my doula for this pregnancy. Yay :)

Oh ya, and today I called the school I want my son to go to. they asked me to fax over the psychoeducational assessment to them, and they will have their team look at it and decide whether or not my son fits the criteria they have of whether or not their teaching methods will work for him. I really hope it does, because this school is my last hope. I am not going to bother appying to the other school I have tried to get him into for the past 2 years. when we meat with the rabbi in charge of that school, he was of pretty strong opinion he would not do well there :(. The application process does not begin until January, so I have a bit of a wait. I will try to think positive that they will accept him. It's just I am pretty worried because he scored low on a lot of the tests. the psychologist thinks its partly because he was pretty impulsive in choosing the answers for some of it.

Anyway, that's it for now. Will post more later in the week G-d willing :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home