A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ............

My almost 2 year old is having some sleep issues lately. He is refusing to sleep in his own bed, and trying to sleep in mine. I keep bring him back again and again to his room, but he wants to be with me. He shares a room with 2 of his siblings, and I am not sure what he finds so special about my room. I ended up letting him sleep in my bed and I went to sleep in his. Actually, I found his bed more comfortable. My mattrass is on the firm side. I think when I go to the pediatrician for his 2 year check up next week I will need to ask him for some ideas on how to get him to stop this, because I am thorougly exhausted.

Not much else is doing. the weather here is cold and rainy and looks to be that way all week. Yuck. Time to pull out the boots and snow pants.

I just finished reading the latest Harry Potter book "Harry Potter and the Half blood prince". It was excellent. Now I am reading some book by Dean Koontz.

Well, I don't know what else to blog about for today, so I will post more later in the week.


2 Comments:

  • At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Catherine said…

    Hi,my name is Catherine and I am doing a project on mothers that blog for my journalism class at UNC-Chapel Hill. I'm wondering what parents think. Is it up to the parents to enforce their children’s viewing habbits or should they rely on such tools such as Net Nanny? That do you feel that blogging has helped you in motherhood, and do you feel a sense of community with other moms online? thanks.

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Alison said…

    Hi,
    My kids are too young for the internet, but when they approach the age that they would be using the computer, I feel its the parents responsibility to make sure their child is using it appropriately, and should not leave the computer room while their child is on line. Net nanny is a good idea, but I hear from people it filters out innocent sites too, so it wouldn't be something I am interested in using. I feel blogging does give me a sense of community with other moms. I don't feel its really helped me with motherhood, but blogging is a fun pasttime for me. sometimes even educational too :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home