A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

16 week ob check-up

Well, I had my 16 week ob check up. (I will be 16 weeks G-d willing on Sunday). I heard the heartbeat via doppler B"H. No ultrasound this time, but I am going for my 18 week ultrasound on the 21st. I gained 4 pounds (poo. :( I will be more careful of what I am eating from now on, though the doc thought it was ok, and not too much. My thyroid is hyperactive. the bloodwork came back as slightly out of normal, range so she is retesting me. If it still comes outside of the normal range, I will have to go on thyroid medication. She said sometimes in the beginning of a pregnancy your thyroid tries to compensate for it, and becomes overactive so she feels it may be pregancy related. if it is pregnancy related then this TSH test should come back normal this time. She said it usually resolves itself. If it doesn't then I have to take medication.

In other news, hubby was home today sick from a migraine, and #1 was home today from the stomach flu. #3 kept me up half the night because he refused to sleep in his bed. I still have a bad cough. And now I am having some sinus tachycardia, ever since I tried that damn otrivin. Though it may not be because of that. If my thyroid is hyperactive then maybe its from that.

I saw the pediatrician last night with hubby to discuss #1's asperger's/ADHD. We are thinking about ritalin. not too crazy about trying it but the doc said we have nothing to lose by trying, and we can stop right away if the side effects are not good. We are asking the developmental pediatrician about it Monday when we have our appointment.

That's it for now. I am going to take advantage of the fact that hubby's headache is better and let him watch the kids so I can rest for a while.

Will post more later.


1 Comments:

  • At 5:20 AM, Blogger Stacey said…

    hi i am new to your blog. sorry your child and husband are both under the weather. hope everyone gets well soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home