A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

My 18 week ultrasound

And the gender of the baby is......either a boy or a girl :P I know what the ultrasound tech said but I am not positive she is right, because she is new. Babyman.net predicted the opposite gender she did, and he guessed right with all my other kids. But in any case, its in G-ds hands what flavour baby I get, and what is important is the baby should be well and healthy. Gender is not important. :P I did not care for the technician. She is new, and somewhat rude. she was the same one who was difficult when she did my ultrasound for retained placenta after #4 was born. I asked her if everything looked ok, off the record and she asked me, "can't you read the sign" which said she can't say anything one way or the other. but I have been using this clinic for the past 3 years and the other technicians there know me and always tell me whats what. though one made an error when she said my ultrasound I had done post partum for bad uterine pain and bleeding was ok and it turned out I had adenomyosis. but that's ok. I know its unofficial and they aren't radiologists but I still like when the reassure me. this one is a difficult gal. I bet because she is new. maybe she will loosen up after a few years of working there.

Anyway, in other news, my remote for the TV recovered from #2 feeding it water, but now #1 misplaced it and no one can find it. Oh well.

I went to both #1 and #2's Chanukah plays and it was very cute. Though my daughter's play was extremely mobbed, and #3 was trying to escape from my grasp while I had #4 in my arms, so I just left after the play was over, before refreshments A friend of mine told me all the refreshments disappeared before half the parents got to the table. I am not so hard up for a cookie. If I want one so badly I will buy one at the bakery rather than be smooshed by the masses.

Sunday is the Chanukah party at my mother in laws house. Should be fun. Hope I am feeling ok for it. I have been having a difficult time lately. I am horribly fatigued, and I don't know why. I don't think its from being almost 19 weeks pregnant. I always had my energy back by this time with my other pregnancies. Maybe its from having the bad cold for a month (which is finally gone B"H!!) but I am still having bad pain in myleft rib cage and back. When I had to lay on my back for the ultrasound I couldn't get up I was i so much pain. I had to grab the technician's hand and pull myself up that way. and tonight after food shopping I was practically in tears from the back pain. I do have scoliosis, and was in a back brace for 2 years as a teenager, and I am wondering if its acting up? Or maybe just because with each pregnancy you get more aches? I am going to ask my OB when I go on the 29th. also about why I feel so tired and run down. Maybe I am anemic. I feel tired and today I was dizzy in the morning and felt really out of it. I fall asleep at 9 or 10 pm and sleep right to 6:30. but come to think of it, #3 keeps barging into my room in the middle of the night not wanting to go back to sleep, so my sleep is interrupted. maybe thats why I feel so sluggish. You would think with my thyroid being slightly overactive I would have lots of energy. Well, I willl ask my ob on thursday and see what she thinks.

That's it for now, I want to read and have some frozen yogurt. BTW I bought my chocolate licorice tonight. :) hmm..on second thought, I need to get on the scale next week for my 20 week appt, maybe I better limit myself. :) But it looks so yummy I think I will have just one. One!! That's it! I promise I will put the rest away :)

WIll post more later..Have a good shabbos if I don't post anything before then.


1 Comments:

  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger my bald sheitel said…

    love the baby man web site. i know what we are having already from a 3d scan and baby man was right!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home