A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Still sick..

Sorry I haven't posted much, but I am still feeling horrible. I still have a bad cold and cough, and I called a doctor that makes housecalls this past Friday. He said the same thing as my family doc, lungs are clear, its viral, nothing I can take for it because I am pregnant.. On top of it, my sinus tachycardia has been bad this past week, I am not sure if my overactive thyroid is to blame. I am waiting for the doc to call me back with the results of the second thyroid tsh test. If I don' hear back I am assuming its ok and I won't need to do anything for it except get a retest done after I have the baby. I don't know if I feel so weak and tired because I am sick, or because B"H this is my fifth child, and maybe fifth pregnancies are just really hard on a body. I just hate the fact that I am sitting here typing and feeling short of breath and thumping feelings in my chest. Blah. I think I will try some bachs rescue remedy, that sometimes helps. I have to remember to buy more this week, I am actually running out.

In other news, tomorrow, after much thought, deliberation, and discussion with the pediatrician, developmental pediatrician and the psychologist who did the testing, we are starting #1 on ritalin. I have to say I am quite anxious about it, I am worried about what side effects he will have, but the docs are saying there is no harm in trying it, he really isn't focusing or functioning well right now, so the medicine might really help him focus and be successful. the docs are saying if any negative side effects happen we can stop the medicine right away, and it would be out of his system in hours, and we could aways try again in a few years when he is 7. The developmental pediatrician also recomended this test called Ados, that would back up the diagnosis of aspergers (a form of autism) he got along with the ADHD diagnosis. My pediatrician and developmental pediatrician aren't trained for this test, and I don't think the psychologist is either. It will have to wait till our insurance can cover it. The pediatrician didn't think it was urgent, it was just something to possibly consider.
Anyway, thats it for now, I think I will lie down and read, (I am reading "At first sight" by nicholas sparks) I hope I feel better soon. I still have 5 months to go G_d willing, before the baby is born and I hope I don't feel this yucky the entire pregnancy. I want to enjoy this pregnancy..


1 Comments:

  • At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    From what I understand about Ausperger's, the sooner you find out the correct diagnosis, the better... for your child. I have seen many cases of Ausperger's, and will say that the kids who do the best are the ones who have the most intervention from parents and professionals. Especially those in a day school setting. The management of Auspergers is a full time job. good luck

     

Post a Comment

<< Home