A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

24 week OB appointment

I had my 24 week OB appointment today. I gained 1 1/2 lbs bringing it to a total of 12 1/2 lbs so far this pregnancy, which is pretty good being I am 6 months pregnant. I am going to take my glucose tolerance test next week for gestational diabetes screening, and the OB wants to check my TSH levels again to see if my thyroid is behaving or acting up again. 16 weeks to go G-d willing till my due date. Scary... :)

Not much else is doing. I feel pretty tired and worn out now, so I am not going to make this post much longer. sorry. :) will post more later..


2 Comments:

  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger my bald sheitel said…

    Should I feel like 40 pounds overall is just ridiculous? I feel so round but I love being pregnant :).

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Alison said…

    Nah, 40 lbs isn't that bad at all. with my other pregnancies, I gained much more than I did with this one. With #1 I gained 67 (whoops. :). I lost most of it after, but not all. #2 I gained 25. with #3 I gained 31, #4 I gained 35. With this one, I think I am so busy running after the other 4 I must be burning off a lot of calories. also I think my thyroid may be over active too, which would make me not gain a lot as my metabolism is misbehaving.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home