A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Strep again :(

sorry I haven't posted this week but I have been really sick again :( Wednesday I started having aches and sore throat. Thursday I felt worse. Friday I could barely swallow. I called a doctor that makes housecalls. He took a culture, examined me, and told me my glands were pretty swollen and my throat was bad, and left me a prescription for my third round of penicillin this time for 10 days. He just called me motzei shabbos to let me know the culture is indeed positive. So I do have a relapse of strep. This sucks. I was talking to my doula about it and she told me I might run the risk of testing positive for group b strep because even though its different ends of the body its the same body. I have been sick now for almost 6 weeks. My immune system must be shot or something. I am very frustrated. I really wanted to enjoy this pregnancy and now its half over and all I have felt is sick. :( At least the baby kicking makes me feel slightly better. I hope I do not relapse again when I finish the antibiotics.

What else is doing..well both #1 and 3 wooke up friday morning to pink eye, so the doc that made housecalls also prescribed eye drops for them to get rid of infection. and this past Wedneday, #4 had an ear infection. Its been a real fun week.

hopefully I will feel much better soon. Tomorrow I am taking #1 and #3 to the pediatrician (he has sunday sick clinic hours) because I am wondering if they need antibiotics too. #1 has bad cough and #3 has green nasal discharge now.

WIll post more later, when I feel less cranky and crappy. :)


1 Comments:

  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Oh, how yucky you and the kids must feel.... :( My heart goes out to you. I hope everyone is feeling better really really soon.

    By the way, I had the most terrible cold/flu thing when I was pregnant. It took a while to go away and I was told this is because all of our body's energy is going to growing the baby rather than so much on our immune system.

    Hang in there, you'll feel better soon. You're an amazing Mom, I admire you!
    Feel better!
    Lauren :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home