A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

7 month OB check up and other stuff

I had my 28 week ob appointment today. Blood pressure was good, 114/68, weight gain was 5 lbs bringing it to a total of 17 1/2 lbs so far. My blood sugar was fine, I passed the glucose tolerance test B"H, but I am anemic and have to take palafer iron tabs 1x a day. I had a choice of coming back in 2 weeks or 4, so I chose 4 weeks, but after that, I need to go every 2 until 36 weeks, and then every week. I am in the home stretch now.

Now time for a vent. Today, I am on the TTC bus enroute to the subway station. I don't like sitting in the seats for seniors, but it was really crowded, there was no where for me to hold on to, and I am 7 months pregnant and didn't want to get jostled. there were a bunch of young non pregnant people hogging up all the senior seats. So, a man with a cane got on, I got up to give him my seat but so did the person sitting next to me, so I still had my seat, but the man was quite large, and being it was corner seat, and I am not small right now, being 7 months pregnant, I had to stand, which I had no problem with because it was to make room for somone that needed the space, and not one person who was sitting there offered me a seat. It was quite obvious I am pregnant, nice to make a pregnant lady stand up on a crowded bus.. Then I get on the subway, sit in the end part of a 3 seater when a rude woman, her husband and kid, forced me out of the seat. Her kid climbed practically on my lap and her husband was hovering over me staring at me. So there I stood again, 7 months pregnant on a crowded subway train. when the train changed tracks I lost my balance and almost fell into the door and again, not one person let me sit down. How disgusting. I always give up my seat for seniors, handicapped, and pregnant women. Now, I am pregnant and don't even get the same courtesy. What a shame. Then, later on, walking home, I see a car splash into a puddle, soaking a grandma pushing a baby carriage. we just looked at each other and shook our heads. Maybe some people need to learn some manners, common courtesy which is the polite thing to do is offer your seat to a senior, handicapped or pregnant person and not splash people pushing baby carriages while driving throug a puddle of water.

I am really tired and #3 is having some sort of tantrum over a sippy cup and I have to go make dinner now..waah :(


1 Comments:

  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger mommyof4 said…

    I swear the world is gettin rudderby the minute. Everyday I feel like I have a run in with a ignorant person. I am glad you are ok! hugs

     

Post a Comment

<< Home