A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Monday, February 27, 2006

My Trip Down the Stairs...

I had an eventful morning. First, as I was leaving to take the kids to school this morning, the headboard my mother in law dropped off and left behind the front door that hubby was supposed to put away, but had yet to do so, fell down as I was shutting the door, preventing me from opening the door all the way. I tried to force the door open but wasn't able to very wide, and being 28 weeks pregnant, the space was too narrow for me to squeeze by to move the headboard, so, in a word, we were trapped from going back into the house. I tried 3 times to force it open, and then, I had an adrenaline rush and managed to force the door open all the way, but had to step on the darn headboard with my muddy boot to get into the house. I then shlepped it down to the basement. I didn't even really want the darn thing to begin with, but someone was getting rid of it so somehow we inherited it. Then, after taking kids to school, I came home. I went upstairs to get something, walked down the first flight of steps to the little landing thing in between (the last flight was only 2 steps, which I am very grateful for.) I slipped on a pajama top one of the kids left there and slipped down the remaining two steps on my back (B"H it wasn't my front) and managed to smack my head hard on the step, and also the right side of my back. Baby is ok B"H, kicking like normal, but, I had a bad headache all afternoon and felt naseous, but am now ok B"H, no more headache. My head is sore where I smacked it though. What a crappy day.


I am going to my family doc on Wednesday because I have an eye infection, and also an infected ingrown toenail, Apparently my immune system is on vacation this pregnancy. I am in a cranky mood today. sorry. :) Tomorrow I will wake up on the right side of the bed, (hopefully :P)

In other news, Purim is 2 weeks away! We are going to my inlaws for the seudah. I am not looking forward to it much though as I will have to shlep the kids there at dusk time, and everyone there is my in laws age. none of our friends, so its kind of dull. and there is an older couple coming there who does not like my kids as they are used to quite, order, etc etc, not a bunch of noisy kids, so that should be real fun. sorry I am being so negative, I am in a cranky hormonal mood. Maybe I can talk hubby into having our seudah at home. I will be almost 8 months pregnant by then G-d willing, and I don't think I am going to be in the mood for shlepping. I am actually worried about Pesach because by then I will be 9 months pregnant G-d willing, and I will have to shlep the kids home from the seders at my in laws.
I will post more tomorrow. I think I have had enough for one day :P

2 Comments:

  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger mommyof4 said…

    Goodness I am glad you are basically ok. Take it easy:)

     
  • At 1:46 AM, Anonymous LeeAnn said…

    Hey Alison-
    Please be careful. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home