A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

My Visit to L&D Unit Last Night...

Well, after cramping and feeling uncomfortable all day, I went to the L&D assessment room to make sure I did not have another abruption. B"H everything is fine. I like this hospital much better than the other one I gave birth at, so far, anyway. First, I got right in the triage room, and hooked up to a fetal monitor. Baby was doing fine, B"H. lots o movement and good heart rate B"H. I had to laugh when I saw what the nurse wrote under reasin why I came in,. It said "My child jumped on my belly.". LOL. Anyway, after being hooked up to the monitor for a half hour, and assessed by a resident doctor, the OB on call came in with a portable ultrasound machine. (another plus for this hospital. In the other hospital I gave birth at, I would have had to wait till the next day as the regular ultrasound technician is gone for the day after 5 pm.). It was interesting because he was explaining things to the resident and I got to learn too. :) Based on where my placenta is located, #3 jumping on it did not cause it any damage thank G-d. If my placenta was attached in another part of my uterus it may have been a different story. He told me that the baby has a "beautiful profle" bli eyen horah. :) I still couldn't clearly tell if it was boy or girl, and the baby kept putting his/her legs to its face as if it were being tznius LOL. I guess I will have only the previous ultrasound to go by gender. Not that it makes a difference. I am only very curious.

I still feel mildly crampy today but at least I can be reassured now things are fine thank G-d. The ob on call yesterday told me its normal to have some irritability with the uterus with multiple pregnancies. BTW he really reminded me of the doc from scrubs, the one with the curly hair, (not the main character, but the one who is his boss. I forget his name because I don't watch it much.). but this doc was much nicer than the one he reminded me of. didn't make me nervous at all. Maybe I will be lucky and he will be the one to deliver the baby, G-d willing. :)

that's it for now. #1 is home still with stomach flu and #3 is freaking out about wanting his pants on. Sigh. why did he take it off to begin with???. will post more later.


7 Comments:

  • At 3:15 p.m., Blogger mommyof4 said…

    I am glad you and baby are ok! I had placenta previa and had to rest a lot I ganied 85 pounds!

     
  • At 3:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You mentioned in a post that u used a dula who was also trained as midwife (in toronto).

    Anyway you can email me her info please asap ruti770@yahoo.com.ar
    Thanx

     
  • At 3:54 p.m., Blogger Alison said…

    Hi,
    I am a bit nervous about emailing my doula's info to someone on the internet who I am not familiar with. I am sorry..I am not sure if my doula would be happy with me giving out her # to someone anonymous on the internet. I hope you are not offended. I am just being paranoid probably, but when it comes to internet you need to be careful. :)

     
  • At 7:49 p.m., Blogger Lauren said…

    Hi Alison!
    I'm so glad to hear that you and the baby are ok. I was wrried and thinking of you guys after your last post. I actually wrote a comment for the last post, but I see it didn't go through. It's great everything is ok and that you have some peace of mind. I know that makes such a difference. Also happy to hear you like this hospital.Hang in there and take good care! Lauren :)

     
  • At 3:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why don't you ask her? It just means more business for her, doesn't it?

     
  • At 3:11 a.m., Blogger my bald sheitel said…

    glad things are ok despite the pouncing on the belly. that could be scary! i am around 4 weeks away and getting so excited! bshaa tova.

     
  • At 8:29 a.m., Blogger Lauren said…

    Hi! How are you feeling Alison? Is everyone feeling better from the flu/colds? It's amazing how quickly colds and such can be passed around a family. My husband Jonathan came home with a cold and soon our son Noah caught it from him and now I have it!
    Hope you are doing well and the little ones too.
    Lauren :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home