A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

31 week update

Well, B"H, I have 9 weeks to go till my due date. This post is a bit cranky today :P I am letting you know now before you start reading :P I have been having a lot of cramping and braxton hicks these past few days, which I am slightly worried about and will be mentioning to my OB at my appointment this Thursday. I spoke to my doula the first time it happened, but when it happened again and really hurt, the third night in a row, I called and never received a return call, which I am annoyed and not surprised at. As wonderful as my doula is, she has about 5 other girls due the same month as me, plus she has a reflexology business she does on the side, and a large family bli eyen hora. I guess I should have probably paged her, but I didn't want to bother her for something that is not labour. but I am paying A LOT of money to her for being my doula, so it kind of irks me a bit. I hope she returns my call to set up the appointment for when I will be 36 weeks, or else I will have to page her for that. I need to set it up for the last week in April. That is when I will be 36 weeks G-d willing.

I am in a cranky mood today I guess because the weekend is my only time to sleep past 6:30 am, and for the past two days, #1 #2 and #3 have rudely awakened me at 6:00 a.m. by barging into my room and saying "I want breakfast" and then jumping on my bed. Gee, well good morning to you too. Yesterday they were just really noisy and wild until I gave up on them going back to sleep for another hour and went downstairs before 7 am shabbos morning to start my day. Today #1 proceeds to turn on the computer and wake up the baby all before I step foot out of bed. #2 even brought a baby rattle to shake to awake me with this morning. Sigh! After I have the baby G-d willing, I hope they knock this off because I will be totally exhausted and would like to sleep in till 7 ish depending on the new born's schedule. I should try to put them to sleep a bit later on the weekend and maybe they will sleep in. Hubby is a pretty deep sleeper, so I don't think he really heard them even come in.

This week is a very busy week. Tuesday I have an appointment for #3 for his ear tubes, I have to go somwhere with hubby that night briefly and after that I am supposed to see some "Kosher Comic" at my shul but I am not sure if I really want to go. its going to be very crowded, and I am tired by 8 pm, especially after shlepping to two different places plus being 8 months pregnant, taking the kids to and from school too. I start my day at 6:30 am and I am feeling cranky lately. My mother in law was kind enough to pay for my ticket, but that was before they switched the date of the kosher comic. I received one weeks notice of the new date and I already had 2 different places to go.

Wednesday I have an appointment for #4's eczema which has really flared up, and Thursday is my OB appointment for my 32 week check up (I will be almost 32 weeks by then).

I will post more later when I feel less cranky. Now I have to go remake the bed that #2 decided to strip because she wanted to "build a treehouse" (not sure what she is talking about, but now I am going to have to remake the bed anyway) Never a dull moment here LOL.


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home