A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Final 10 Coundown Begins!!

Today I am officially 30 weeks pregnant B"H. Now I am in the final 10 countdown. On the upside, I am feeling stronger kicks and movement B"H. I feel I am almost at the touch down line now :) Now for my kvetch (I am feeling cranky, and will explain why in a moment.)I am feeling pretty uncomfortable now, and that kind of makes me wory how I will feel in a few weeks if I am already feeling discomfort now. My prolapse has decided to misbehave, and its causing me a lot of discomfort and a bit of pain. It's not popping back in like usual. (I have a uterine/bladder prolapse, but it has never really bothered me before.) I also am having a bit of trouble getting up from a sitting position now and waking the stairs is no longer very easy. I am wondering if this baby is going to be a monster size or maybe I am just feeling more discomfort because its my fifth pregnancy.

Now as for why I am cranky...#1 has decided 6 am is an appropriate wake up time for shabbos morning and today. Yesterday #1 woke up at 6 am and was being pretty busy, and then he woke up the other kids. They were a bi t on the wild side in the afternoon, and hubby was having his shabbos nap, so that kind of made me grumpy, that he got to nap :P. I want a shabbos nap too :P Next time I think I will make him stay downstairs with the kids and I will take a nap. Hey, I am in my last trimester, I think I am entitled :P. Then today, #3 wakes up at 5 am and pretty much stayed up since. #1 woke up at 6 am and decided to wake up the other two. Hubby is sleeping in, again, but that's good, because later, when I want to nap, after being up since 5 am, he will be refreshed and full of energy to look after the kids while I get to have a rest. :P

Now on to other, less kvetchy, stuff. This week is Purim, of course. :) The kids are excited about it. #2 is having a puppet play on wednesday morning(shushan Purim), but unfortunately will miss it as she has an eye appointment that morning and will be late for school. #1 is having a small Purim play, also wednesday morning. His teacher actually had the chutzpah to tell me to change my appointment time for #2, which I made 6 months ago. She told me about the play 1 week before Purim!) I told her I would be there, but might be late (it starts 11:30, so I will probably be 10 minutes late or so, and the teacher said it will probably not start on time anyway.) I can not change the appointment for #2, this doc is booked months in advance, with no openings. wednesday is going to be a crazy day, now I will have to take #2 to the eye doc, then take her to school, then go back in the opposite direction to #1's school for the play. My mother in law will be there, she is driving us, thank G-d, but #3 and #4 will be there too and I am not sure how happy they will be with all the shlepping. but I don't want to miss #1's play. even if I am late, the fact that I am there is what counts. I don't want #1 to be sad that I am not there, and all the other parents from the class are.

that's pretty much it for now. Sorry for being cranky. I am just pretty tired and hormonal right now :P. I will post more later in the week IY"H.


1 Comments:

  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Mindy said…

    Of course you and your husband should divide up the afternoon nap into two so you can both nap. Why is it fair that he gets all the sleep when you've been up since 6 a.m.? It's only fair if you both get to sleep for 1 1/2 hours or whatever.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home