A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Friday, April 07, 2006

6 (5?) weeks to go IY"H!!!

I am going to be 34 weeks on Sunday IY"H. So I think that means I will be starting week 35,leaving me with aproximately 5 weeks till my due date, why do they make it so confusing LOL? I am going for my 34 week check up on Tuesday. Monday I have #4's well baby 15 month check up. She is getting some vaccinations, but we are declining the chicken pox vaccine because a. I am pregnant and am not 100 percent sure of my immunity to it, and there is a chance she could get chicken pox from the vaccine. b. because no one knows how long the immunity lasts for from the vaccine, possibly leaving her able to get chicken pox at a much older age when the vaccine wears off. i asked the nurse and she confirmed this, so we decided to wait until age 10, if she doesn't have it by then, then we will get her a chicken pox vaccine.

I am back in the market to buy a mobile, courtesy of #3 hurling the mobile to the ground yesterday, and breaking a piece off of it. I found a gently used one on ebay I am bidding on. It seems like a nice one, so I hope I am lucky and win the bid. It just feels kind of like a waste of money though because we are not planning on having more kids after #5 (IY"H) is born and now I am buying another mobile that I will use for all of 4 or 5 months. Maybe I will sell it at a garage sale or something after I am finished using it. The only thing I don't like about selling things at garage sales is some people are really pushy and chutzpadig and want things for practically free. This year I am going to be much more firm at the garage sale and not give in if I don't like the price they are offering.

In other news, Pesach is getting closer! (as if you didn't already know LOL) we started some cleaning, but will be doing most of it Sunday. Saturday is the last day I am serving chometz, including cheerios, until after Pesach. my mother in law is renting a carpet steam cleaner for us so we can get the chometz stains off the carpet and couches.

Well, thats the update for now. #1 is home with a stomach flu. Monday starts 2 week vacation from school for #1 and #2. I will try to post more after my OB appointment on Tuesday.


4 Comments:

  • At 12:23 p.m., Blogger Lauren said…

    Thanks for the update, hope you're feeling well! I can't imagin almost being due AND having four kids AND having to get down and clean chometz off the floor of a playroom. I know you mentioned the playroom a few posts ago. I know just what you mean, cherrios and such can hide so well in a room full of toys. We find them in the weirdest of places now, like in shoes!

    We recently declined the chicken pox vaccination at Noah's 15 month appointment. We had the same reservation that you do, as to when does it wear off. Chicken pox can be very bad at an older age!

    Have a good pesach and please get some rest if you can! :)
    Lauren

     
  • At 12:24 p.m., Blogger Lauren said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:16 p.m., Blogger pregnancyweekly said…

    Wow - you are getting so close! That's awesome!

     
  • At 8:10 a.m., Anonymous Aliza K said…

    Wow. You are almost there. I am only half way there. I am almost 6 months. I'll get there. My daughter got the chicken pox vaccine. They just give it to you here in New York. I asked them what shots she is getting and they told me the regular one and chicken pox vaccine. She didn't get the chicken pox although I was not too happy she got the vaccine. I wish you good luck on bidding on the mobile. Our came with the crib but it doesn't turn around by itself and make noise. Oh well. If you win it will last awhile. You will use it at least until 6 or 7 months. That is great use. I wish you good luck in Pesach cleaning. We are just going to do our kitchen today so we will have to eat out or cook pesach until Wednesday. I don't know what you guys are doing in terms of eating chametz since your house is pesach cleaned. Anyways, good luck in everything and have a happy pesach. Keep in touch. Aliza K.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home