A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Alligators in the toilet....

My 2 1/2 year old flushed his plastic alligator down the toilet, and for some reason, I find this pretty funny. I guess living on 4 hours of sleep a day for the past 2 weeks is finally catching up with me LOL. The baby is having a rough past few nights, she seems to be wanting to eat every 2 1/2 hours and she is being bottlefed. I thought formula was supposed to be more filling. Also she hates hates hates her crib. My pediatrician said its ok to let her sleep in the car seat or bouncy seat, but if i put the seat in the crib she screams. It has to be on the floor. I am going to have to ask the pediatrician how to get her to sleep in her crib.

Not much else doing. it's freezing here. My sister is visiting until Friday from New Jersey. #1 is sick with a stomach bug, or maybe its because he ate 4 bananas the other day. Sigh. I hope he is not constipated. That's it for now. Will post more later.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:52 p.m., Anonymous Melissa said…

    Hi, Im not even sure how I got onto this site, but I am also a stay at home frum mom of my frist 4 month old baby girl. I just wanted to tell you that there is hope for your baby to sleep in her crib. My daughter was the same way, hating her crib. She would be sound asleep, but the second I put her down in her crib, she would wake up and start crying. I thought it was because she had a little reflux, but I think in the end, she just wanted a smaller more cozy space. We moved her swing into our room and that was where she slep. (and she slept well in it too! 6 hours stretches!) On shabbos, she slept in her car seat, but that ended sooner than expected when she learned how to arch her back and get herself out of it. I woke up one morning and saw her on the floor. I was fretting, but she was happy as can be. At 3 months, she started letting me put her down for a nap in her crib, and slowly, she started sleeping in her crib at night more often. Now, most nights, she goes into her crib with no complaints. There are, of course, some fussy nights where I grudgingly bring the swing back into our room, or when she falls asleep in the car seat from a trip home from picking Tatty up from work, I let her stay aseep in the car seat for a few hours before I move her. I find that once she is in a deep enough sleep, I can move her into the crib without complaints. Hope this helped, and thanks for the blog site!

     
  • At 5:54 p.m., Blogger Ezer K'negdo said…

    I can't tell you how many stuck toys I have had to have my plumber retrieve from our pipes! Funny story - hope your other ones are feeling better!

     
  • At 11:14 p.m., Blogger BizzyMom said…

    Aww, being a mom of 5 I am sure that you have probably tried everything but I thought that I would share what I did with one of my little ones when they were babies (now 10 and 11). As an above poster said I also found that he want and smaller, cozy place so I would wrap him in his receiving blanket and then take 2 of the heatable beanbags and just warm them slightly, shake the beans up to spread the heat evenly and the wrap in a small towel and place on either side of the baby. Again I just heated it very slightly but gave them the sense of being held.

    Robyn http://www.bizzymoms.blogspot.com

     
  • At 5:08 p.m., Anonymous candace said…

    Hey, I am a first time mom to a 6 week old baby boy and he also refuses to sleep in his crib, playpen,etc. But he will sleep in his carseat or with us in bed. I have learned you do whatever you have to do to get sleep.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home