A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Mazal Tov!!! It's a Girl!!!!

B"H, on May 4, 10:46 pm, baby #5 made her way into this world, a daughter, born 7 lb 14 oz and 20 1/2 inches long :) she is in NICU now from having "wet lung" but is improving. I will explain everything..starting from the beginning: my water broke at my 38 week OB appointment LOL. BTW, see if you can find her simcha on www.onlysimchas.com :) My OB sent me right to the hospital after making arrangments for the kids and to page my doula and hubby., my contractions were irregular and needed a boost by oxytocin. The baby was born after a short time of pushing after hours of contractions. I had high blood loss and needed 3 different drugs to stop the bleeding, an oxytocin IV drip, cytotec, and then hemabate. I have bruises on my tummy from where the docs and nurses mashed it to get my uterus to contract as it kept getting boggy. the baby inhaled amniotic fluid and is in NICU, thats what wet lung is. she was very grunty at birth and had indrawing, she was working very hard to breathe. she is doing better now B"H, they had her on a c-pap machine, 30 percent o2, and a ng tube to drain the air from the c-pap machine out of her tummy. now she is just on an IV that is being weaned, and I am able to feed and hold her. I am discharged but staying in a courtesty room till she is ready to be discharged, which hopefully will be Monday G-d willing. they have internet in the lounge, which is how I am able to post this :) I was feeling really sick yesterday from the blood loss and all, but feel a bit better now B"H. Spending shabbos in the hospital alone is not fun, but what can you do? anyway, I am tired, and want to go check on the baby. the nurse is getting me at 12:15 for a feeding, and then I am going to sleep for a few hours hopefully. will post more after we go home IY"H.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:14 a.m., Blogger Mindy said…

    mazel tov alison! What a busy busy family you have. Make sure to rest up and I hope you get help with the kids the first few weeks!

     
  • At 5:27 p.m., Blogger shmishposh said…

    Mazal tov!!

     
  • At 8:43 p.m., Blogger Lauren said…

    Mazal Tov!!!!!
    Alison, how wonderful, a little girl! I am so happy for you and your family, mazal tov! You must feel better to have her here and not be pregnant waiting and wondering. Please take good care and rest if you can. I'm glad B"H you're ok as is the baby.
    So how does it feel to be a Mommy of five!? That's great!
    Lauren :)

     
  • At 10:24 p.m., Anonymous LeeAnn said…

    Congratulations Alison!!!!!!! I am so happy for you. Rest up while you are in the hospital, before you go home.

     
  • At 10:56 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mazel tov from a lurker and hopefully may mother.

     
  • At 8:08 p.m., Blogger My blog page said…

    Mazel Tov!! I am happy you and the baby are doing well. Now I have five beautiful grandbabies to love and cherrish!!
    MOM

     
  • At 10:30 p.m., Anonymous Sunflower said…

    MAZAL TOV!!!! Asach Nachas!!

     
  • At 11:26 a.m., Blogger my bald sheitel said…

    Mazal tov. You should have a lot of nachas from her.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home