A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Fruit bowling is fun

I was just listening to a song I used to love while at good ol William Paterson University in New Jersey and it made me a bit nostalgic. I am nearing thirty (G-d that is scary LOL) IY"H, I will be 29 this September. I wonder what became of my friends from the university days? I am still friends with 2 of the girls I knew from then but what happened to the rest? I remember while I was young and silly, me and my friend Frank that lived across frome me went fruit bowling (this is before I became frum and I lived in a co-ed dorm). We lived a few floors up and fruit bowling involved well, rolling fruit down the stairs until it fell to the bottom and went smoosh. What can I say, I was 17 and immature LOL. :) I was also known as ADTH (Alison down the hall :) also ghost because I used to wear foundation that was too pale for my skin tone and frank's roomate who I forgot his name now who was a 26 year old living with us 17 year olds used to call me ghost. I remember Thursday night me and my friends would order brother bruno's and hang out together in the front lobby (I would always get the same, a tuna sub with olive oil and vinegar and hot peppers.) I used to be skinny, never even gained the freshman 15 despite all those late night tuna subs or calzones. I remember my good ol bell bottom jeans that I used to own with myJimi Hendrix tshirt and my comfy pair of sketchers. I remember how the fire alarms used to constantly go off at the most annoying times of the night. I remember my first roomate who I did not get along with at all. don't ask LOL. I remember cutting Spanish class one day to sit on the student centre lawn. with a friend it was a beautiful spring day. Anyay, enough babbling. I guess I am feeling a little blue today and hearing a alanis morrisette song reminded me of my old univeristy. one of my friends loved that song and every time we went somewhere in her car, she would always have it on the tape deck. which reminds me, her roomate was a big feminist and she made me go with her to a Take back the night march. that was an experience LOL. we marched around campus with lit candles and yelled some slogans which I think my hubby might get a bit miffed at me for repeating on my blog :) I am not a feminist at all, I just went with my friend for the experience. anyway, enough rambling. I have to get dinner started now.

BTW please daven for my grandmother florence bas helen who was just diagnosed with early stages of liver and lung cancer. thanks.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:38 a.m., Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said…

    Nice post, refuah shelaima.

     
  • At 11:06 a.m., Anonymous LeeAnn said…

    Hey Alison!
    I remember those good ole days too!!! I am at WP now teaching a computer games camp. I miss the days of college. Grad school is not nearly as fun!!!

     
  • At 11:59 a.m., Blogger Alison said…

    :) I wonder what ever happened to frank and tina and franks weird roomate? oh ya, can't forget alx LOL. email me :)

     
  • At 9:40 a.m., Anonymous LeeAnn said…

    Tina just got married like two weeks ago. I don't know about the others....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home