A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Monday, July 31, 2006

anti semetic incident in a local Toronto park

Tonight, around 7 pm, I was walking through a local public park enroute to the supermarket. I passed the gazebo, where a large group of teens were loitering. All of a sudden 3 teenage boys started yelling at me, that they were going to burn my (insert f word here) house down (they said that 2 times) then they added that they were going to harm my family (G-d forbid) I phoned the police, who took an hour to show up (!!) an hour. sheesh. my mother in law phoned b'nai brith and I filed a report that way too. By the time the police came it was getting dark so I went to the supermarket and they met me there. the other cops in the park got the teenagers. but I had a lousy description because I was so scared I ran away when the teens started yelling things. What is the world coming to when you can't even walk through the park during the day time???? it was still light out. I bet if I was not wearing a snood they would have said nothing to me. I never thought I would experience an anti semetic incident, but I guess no one is immune. I read it in the papers, but I never thought it would happen to me. NO one should have to live in fear. I hope the police call those teenagers parents. but then again, if they are behaving like that, their parents probably don't give a damn anyway.
anyway, I feel upset so I am going to call it a night and try to relax and get to sleep. What was supposed to be a 1 hour trip to the market ended up into almost 3. sigh.

Good night..
will post more soon...

5 Comments:

  • At 4:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am sorry to hear about your incident! You are right, that should not happen! I had similar incidents like you. Once I was threatend to be thrown out of a window, or they said they would pour acid over me,... I am not jewish, but I have red hair, so that was the reason there. I guess as soon as you don't fit in people who have problems themselves start picking on you. I hope it cheers you up a bit that things like that do not only happen to jewish people!
    Take care!
    Dagmar

     
  • At 3:36 p.m., Anonymous kelly said…

    How horrid. I'm sorry to hear about this story. It must have been terifying and disgusting all at once.

     
  • At 4:57 p.m., Blogger Mameloshn said…

    I am sorry to hear about that! That's awful! I hope such a thing does never happen to you again.

     
  • At 8:22 p.m., Blogger Eugene Gershin said…

    Hi! Please grab anti-Olmert's Purim buttons from http://samsonblinded.org/blog/purim_banners.htm
    The buttons are free and could be hotlinked. Let's make some fun of Olmert!

     
  • At 8:00 p.m., Blogger Alex said…

    Hi

    Please consider writing news pieces or an op-ed for Jewrusalem: Israeli Uncensored News. We strive to present different views and opinions while rejecting political correctness. Ideally, we try to make the news "smart and funny." Thus, your input is very welcome.

    Best,
    Alex
    www.jewrusalem.net/en

     

Post a Comment

<< Home