A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

I'm still here!

Don't worry, I haven't abandoned my blog. I have just been really busy. So, things are going ok B"H with some minor things at 4 am that are right now going wrong like the fact that my left eye is half swollen shut due to vigamox eye drops for conjuncivitis. I am playing nurse taking care of #1 and #3 who are running fevers, and #1 is throwing up a lot. I noticed my eye was red and put in some of my daughter's eye drops (she has pink eye) and went back to sleep. when I woke up to give #3 some water I noticed my eye lid was half closed. It freaked me out and I was really nervous. I called telehealth where the condescending nurse told me to relax .easy for him to say (it was a male nurse) it wasn't his eye that is half closed. He told me my eye lid is swollen and thats why it looks like that. when I look up the side effects of vigamox that is one of the side effects. Well, that sucks. I am going tonight to the optomotrist for my check up and maybe he can give me some drops. or maybe I will call the doctor in the house thing and get a prescription that way. also have a sore throat. I am going for day surgery august 9th. I can NOT afford to get sick now or in the next two weeks. Or else they will cancel my surgery. crap.

anyway, in other news..#2 is enjoying camp though its over shortly (aug. 16th) . she missed a few days from thurs. until this past monday due to stomach flu and pink eye. (I guess she likes to share LOL. ) now #1 and #3 have fevers. #1 has thrown up a lot but is drinking water and fluids, so that's a good thing.

Well, that's it. I am going to try to relax and go back to sleep. I think telehealth sucks and is a big waste of tax payers money. If I wasn't so upset about my droopy eye I would have told that nurse off...
that's it for now..

2 Comments:

  • At 10:02 AM, Anonymous LeeAnn said…

    Glad you are okay. I started to get worried. ;) Please take care of yourself!

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My mom used to use euphrasia drops when I had conjunctivitis as a kid - worked a treat, and it's natural, so no nasty side effects!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home