A day in the life of a mother

This blog is about a day in the life of a frum (orthodox Jewish) mother with small children.

Monday, June 11, 2007

I'm Baaaack!!

I have not fallen into oblivion. :) I have just been incredibly busy but now that things are settled into a  routine (as much as they can be with 5), I feel like posting again. :) So, what have I been up to, you ask? (about 5 feet :)  ok, that was corny of me...Just basically running around like crazy running errands, etc.  My #3, who will be 4 years old in November, is like 3 kids rolled into one little body. He is officially toilet trained, since last shabbos, and has now found a hobby with seeing what can be flushed down the toilet. Today he has managed to clog both our toilets. He is especially talented, what can I say? :) I had one plumber here today, who discovered our toilet in the basement had a cardboard puzzle piece wedged in. The plumber had to take off the toilet and use some interesting looking tools to retrieve the piece. If it wasn't covered with disgusting toilet water, I would save it, its's worth about $125. sigh.. I have another plumber coming tomorrow to discover what's plugging the upstairs toilet. I am pretty sure #3 has managed to flush the plastic thing that holds the toilet paper in place.  

As far as the other kiddies, they are well B"H.  My oldest has come an amazingly long way this  year (for those of you who don't know/remember, my #1 has Asperger's syndrome, and ADHD) I am so proud of him. I can't believe my baby will be 7 in October, heck, I can't believe I am going to be 30 in September. I am having a hard time with that LOL.  I still feel 20, and remember my college days of fruit bowling in the hallway LOL. It makes me feel nostalgic about my younger years (not that 30 is really old, but its no longer very young). I can't believe it's been 12 years since I have graduated high school.   In any case, I think I might be a bit depressed on my 30th birthday (Sept. 28  in case anyone wants to buy me a present to cheer me up LOL :) This year my Hebrew birthday and English birthday are on the same day (second day Succos)

What else have I been up to? Well, I haven't visiting my old stomping grounds in almost 5 years, (New Jersey), so we are tentatively making plans to visit IY"H at the end of December.  Now I have to really work hard at losing the rest of the pregnancy weight. :) 

Not much else doing, I just went to the library and am currently reading a medical book written by a surgeon.  It's kind of like a behind the scene look at the hospital.  Musically, I have started listening to a lot of "Weird Al" Yankovic. His music is very funny and makes me laugh, its a good pick me up, like on a day like today when a certain 3 1/2 year old has managed to plug up both toilets in the house. Sigh..

Movie wise, I really want to see Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End, and also the new Spiderman 3 movie. Realistically, I probably won't see it until its on DVD. 

Well, that's all the adventure for today.  :) Will post more soon (this time I will update my blog before a year has past LOL :)

2 Comments:

  • At 8:03 p.m., Anonymous LeeAnn said…

    YAY!!! I am glad you are back Alison!!! 30 is not soooo bad!!

     
  • At 5:08 p.m., Anonymous Mariann said…

    Welcome back! I was getting concerned, but it was nice to see you posting again. Our boys were born just nine days apart so I also share your amazement at the 7th birthday coming up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home